Version 3.0 Effective May 25, 2018.
We collect, hold, use and disclose personal information to carry out SMO Sydney functions or activities and we comply with obligations under the Privacy Act 1988 (Privacy Act).
These functions and activities include:
- responding to information requests and sales orders
- communicating with clients, the public, stakeholders and the media including through websites and social media.
Collection of your personal information
At all times we try to only collect the information we need for the particular function or activity we are carrying out.
The main way we collect personal information about you is when you give it to us, for example, we collect personal information such as contact details, review, request or report details when you:
- contact us to ask for information
- make a complaint about a privacy breach to us
- ask for access to information SMO SYDNEY holds about you or other information about SMO SYDNEY’s operations.
Information collected by SMO Sydney from their customers is kept strictly confidential. Any information passed on to third parties such as Australia Post or courier companies, is solely for the completion of your order. SMO Sydney will not sell any collected personal information.
This website and its content, including the site design and graphics, is copyright of SMO Sydney. All rights reserved. May, 2018.
Any other trademarks, company names, product names and/or logos set forth in this web site are the property of their respective owners. Trade marks, brand names, product names and company names of or related to the products appearing on this web site are the property of their respective owners. SMO Sydney does not claim to own any of these trademarks nor claim that SMO Sydney is related to, endorsed by, or in any other way connected or associated with these companies.
Any redistribution or reproduction of part or all of the contents in any form is prohibited other than the following:
You may print or download to a local hard disk extracts for your personal and non-commercial use only. You may copy the content to individual third parties for their personal use, but only if you acknowledge the website as the source of the material.
You may not, except with our express written permission, distribute or commercially exploit the content. Nor may you transmit it or store it in any other website or other form of electronic retrieval system.
As SMO Sydney and Director Peter Jeans do not assume a duty of care in relation to information on this website; or in books, promotional information or opinions or articles, papers, reports and other contributions by Peter Jeans or third parties, it should not be relied on as a substitute for specific advice relevant to your particular circumstances. SMO Sydney (Strategic Marketing Outsourcing Pty. Limited). ABN: 36 078 371 936.
The information contained in this website is for general information purposes only. The information is provided by SMO Sydney and whilst we endeavour to keep the information up-to-date and correct, we make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with respect to the website or the information, products, services, or related graphics contained on the website for any purpose. Any reliance you place on such information is therefore strictly at your own risk.
In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including, without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of or in connection with the use of this website. We do not guarantee that our site will be secure or free from bugs or viruses. You are responsible for configuring your information technology, computer programmes and browser platform to access our site. You should use your own virus protection software.
Through this website you are able to link to other websites which are not under the control of SMO Sydney. We have no control over the nature, content and availability of those sites. The inclusion of any links does not necessarily imply a recommendation or endorse the views expressed within them.
Every effort is made to keep the website up and running smoothly. However, SMO Sydney takes no responsibility for and will not be liable for the website being temporarily unavailable due to technical issues beyond our control.
Collecting through our websites
SMO SYDNEY has its own public websites — www.smosydney.com.au and http://www.petejeans.com.Where our websites allow you to make comments or give feedback, we do collect your email address and sometimes other contact details. We may use your email address to respond to your feedback. We store this personal information on servers located in Australia.
Analytic, session and cookie tools
The information collected by these tools may include the IP address of the device you are using and information about sites that IP address has come from, the pages accessed on our site and the next site visited. We use the information to maintain, secure and improve our websites and to enhance your experience when using them. In relation to Google Analytics you can opt out of the collection of this information using the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on.
Social Networking Services
We may use social networking services such as Twitter, Instagram, Linkedin, Facebook and YouTube to communicate with our markets about our work. When you communicate with us using these services we may collect your personal information, but we only use it to help us to communicate with you and our markets. The social networking service will also handle your personal information for its own purposes. These sites have their own privacy policies.
We collect your email and, if you provide it, other contact details when you subscribe to our email lists. We only use this information for the purpose of sending you regular updates on the activities of SMO SYDNEY, and to administer the lists.
Common situations in which we disclose information are detailed below.
Publication of survey reports
When we publish survey reports (on the SMO SYDNEY website or PETEJEANS.COM or elsewhere ) we do not publish our survey recipients contact details.
Disclosure to the media
We never provide the media with personal information relating to clients or stakeholders unless you have consented to allow this, or where the issue is already publically available.
Disclosure of sensitive information
We only disclose your sensitive information for the purposes for which you gave it to us or for directly related purposes you would reasonably expect or if you agree.
Quality of personal information
To ensure that the personal information we collect is accurate, up-to-date and complete we record information in a consistent format
- where necessary, confirm the accuracy of information we collect from a third party or a public source
- promptly add updated or new personal information to existing records
- regularly audit our contact lists to check their accuracy.
- We also review the quality of personal information before we use or disclose it.
Storage and security of personal information
We take steps to protect the security of the personal information we hold from both internal and external threats by:
- regularly assessing the risk of misuse, interference, loss, and unauthorised access, modification or disclosure of that information
- taking measures to address those risks, for example, we keep a record of when someone has added, changed or deleted personal information held in our electronic databases and regularly check that staff only access those records when they need to
- We destroy personal information in a secure manner when we no longer need it. For example, we generally destroy complaint records after seven years.
Accessing and correcting your personal information
- Under the Privacy Act (Australian Privacy Principles 12 and 13) you have the right to ask for access to personal information that we hold about you, and ask that we correct that personal information. You can ask for access or correction by contacting us and we must respond within 30 days. If you ask, we must give you access to your personal information, and take reasonable steps to correct it if we consider it is incorrect, unless there is a law that allows or requires us not to.
- We will ask you to verify your identity before we give you access to your information or correct it, and we will try to make the process as simple as possible. If we refuse to give you access to, or correct, your personal information, we must notify you in writing setting out the reasons.
- If we make a correction and we have disclosed the incorrect information to others, you can ask us to tell them about the correction. We must do so unless there is a valid reason not to.
- If we refuse to correct your personal information, you can ask us to associate with it (for example, attach or link) a statement that you believe the information is incorrect and why.
- You also have the right to request access to documents that we hold and ask for information that we hold about you to be changed or annotated if it is incomplete, incorrect, out-of-date or misleading
How to make a complaint
If you wish to complain to us about how we have handled your personal information you should complain in writing. If you need help lodging a complaint, you can contact us.
If we receive a complaint from you about how we have handled your personal information we will determine what (if any) action we should take to resolve the complaint.
We will tell you promptly that we have received your complaint and then respond to the complaint within 30 days.
You can contact us by email
Telephone: Australia +61 (0) 432 113 930